Robert has acted for mutual insurers since 1992. His work covers:
- transfers of engagements
- undertaking Part VII transfers (including the first one ever done)
- amending friendly society rules
- amending articles of association for companies limited by guarantee
- reports to boards on corporate governance
- terms and conditions of business
- new product contracts
- independent reports on whistleblowing
- regulatory conduct under PRA and FCA handbook rules
- section 166 investigations
- acting on enforcement proceedings by the FCA
- reorganisation of societies holding pension portfolios
Work is often undertaken in association with the client’s other tax, accountancy, compliance professionals or marketing consultants. Where needed, we delegate to compliance consultants to provide a rounded and fully integrated service. The size of client, large or small, has the same quality of attention as work is not delegated to juniors.
We are associate members of the Association of Financial Mutuals and Robert sits on the Regulation and Governance Committee.
We are members of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants.